Well it has been a dreary day here- raining and stormy.My aunt should be going home May 3.I was hoping sooner for I can't wait to get home to my dogs-that will be the subject of another blog.Better go for now.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Things in General
Well this is my first time blogging so thought I would start out simple till I get my thoughts together and get a good topic.I am sitting here at the rehab hosp in Rock Hill where my aunt is. She has no internet at her house which is driving me crazy!!!Funny how you take things for granted and don't really appreciate them till you have to do without!I remember once when I lived in Mississippi something happened to the well and we had to borrow water from the neighbors.Couldn't take a bath or flush the commode.I have learned to appreciate the simple things of life.Guess some people would say internet is something they could live without but not me once I got used to it!I do also remember when I did not have a computer.I have 3 brothers and they all for years begged me to get a computer but I told them I was too dumb to learn.Well when Daddy died my brother, David,brought his laptop with him and was showing me.I got intrigued with it and on the way back to the airport he gave me the laptop!!!Well guess you know how it went from there.I bought me a desktop, then another laptop and now have an AppleMacbook!!!How's that for someone too dumb to learn?I basically taught my self with the help od the book "Computers for Dummies" and the help of my brothers.At first I was scared to death of the computer- was afraid I was going to blow it up etc.I kept my brother, Frank, busy on the phone asking him questions.I remember once I really thought I had "killed" my computer!Well now am not scared of it anymore and my friends actually call me about their computer questions!!Besides my dogs I guess you know what my second love is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Things in General
Shiawassee River
my babies
Brittany, Casey and Lacey
Lacey
completly relaxed!
About Me
- priss462
- I am a retired nurse and love not working!My 3 dogs are the center of my life.I love to read and spend time on the computer.I love my family very much.Have 3 brothers, nieces, nephews and 2 great nieces and 1 great nephew.
I am glad you have a computer! Keep on writing and I look forward to more of your musings! Bill
ReplyDelete