The sun is out today and I am gonna enjoy it.Have a good day!
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
thoughts
Well here again.Last night we had a storm.Had been visiting my aunt and got home about 6:30 and the power was off and did not come on till 8:30.Well I got a taste of what it was like doing without power and started thinking of how people lived in the old days before electricity.Guess that is where the term "Going to bed with the Chickens" came from for guess when it got dark they just went to bed or read by firelight or candlelight.As I was waiting for power I went out on the porch and just listened to the silence and sound of nature.Could hear birds chirping- guess they were saying Goodnight to each other.It was a peaceful sound.how many times do we stop to listen to nature?As dusk was settling in the trees were like sillouettes.I wondered how old they were- how many years they had been there and the stories they could tell if they could talk.I sat in the dark just talking to God- what a peaceful time.no tv-just me and God and sounds of nature.Sitting there alone I thought about how far I have come in life and all the memories I have.Our lives are like books-one chapter ends and another begins.guess I am getting toward the last of the book in my life.We never know how many chapters we have left but I have to say my life has been a good one.I had wonderful parents that loved us and took care of us and have three wonderful brothers.What more can you ask for?I come across so many people who are not close to there families and that is so sad.Our family may not live close together but we are close in heart and I know they are always there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Things in General
Shiawassee River
my babies
Brittany, Casey and Lacey
Lacey
completly relaxed!
About Me
- priss462
- I am a retired nurse and love not working!My 3 dogs are the center of my life.I love to read and spend time on the computer.I love my family very much.Have 3 brothers, nieces, nephews and 2 great nieces and 1 great nephew.
No comments:
Post a Comment